Sunday, March 25, 2012

Love Trivia? Love Books?

If you're like me and you love trivia as much you love books, then you'll love this blog post!! 

I follow a lot of random things on Twitter, and I often find some really interesting articles about authors and the little things we don't know about them or their books. Here are some of my favourites right now:

Fifteen Weird and Mysterious Books
One of my biggest fantasies/wishes/things on my bucket list is to have a personal library like the one Beast gives to Belle in the movie Beauty and the Beast. My collection is coming along nicely, but seeing as how I'm obsessed with rare and antique books (I have an 1868 version of a Dickens Notebook and a published-once-only version of E. H. Strain's book A Man's Foe - a book that once sold at an auction for 10 000$), I would LOVE to add any of these to my collection!

Books Lost to History
It's always incredible to imagine the books that could have been, or that must have been, or even the books that were and disappeared. Here are some of the most famous books lost to history - if only we could turn back time!

Books You Never Realized Were Racist
I really love Cracked articles. Mainly because they're always pointing out stuff that I never knew, but really should have. Here is a really good example.

Accidental Masterpieces
Do you want to learn the horribly disturbing secret behind Alice in Wonderland? Then read this Cracked Article. It explains how some of the most famous and beloved books in history happened by accident.

That's all for now folks, but I'll be posting again soon, probably some book reviews and then some more fun articles to browse. 
Hope you are all enjoying a good book!! 

Oh and P.S. If you're NOT reading a good book right now, then I strongly suggest you pick up J.D. Thompson's book Silver and Stone. If you're curious at all, (which you should be because the book is fantastic), then head over to her blog http://jdthompson.blog.com/ and support some great local talent!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment